The Southwest Montana Community Health Center, originally known as the Butte Community Health Center, opened its doors in 1986 providing medical services to the community. In 1997, the CHC moved to its current location at 445 Centennial Avenue in Butte, Montana. Mental Health services were added in 2000, with healthcare for the homeless and pharmacy services, along with an offsite dental clinic following in 2001. Dental services were moved to the main clinic site in 2003.
Satellite clinic expansion began in 2002 with the addition of the Dillon Community Health Center, followed by the Sheridan Community Health Center, and Mac’s Pharmacy in Sheridan in 2004.
The Child Evaluation Center began in 2005 with a community collaboration to prevent child abuse. In 2007, the center received national accreditation and expanded services to Anaconda and Dillon satellite locations in 2009. The CEC was re-accredited in 2012.
The clinic was remodeled in 2008 providing more space to offer the many services provided, and dental services were added to the Dillon site in 2009. Mac’s pharmacy moved locations in Sheridan in 2010 and the main site in Butte began hosting medical students for the first time.
Clinic hours were expanded in Butte to include Saturday hours in 2011. The clinic also began hosting dental students at this time.
Many changes occurred in 2012 with the addition of substance abuse services, the pharmacy moved to its current location at 1145 S. Montana with the donation of the Rosenthal building, and the clinic switched to an electronic medical record system.
Services are always being added to fit the community’s need and currently include: Family Medicine, Obstetrics, Pediatrics, Dental, Healthcare for the Homeless, Affordable Care Act Outreach, Case Management, Pharmacy, Child Evaluation Center, Behavioral Health and Substance Abuse and more.